Tuesday, May 01, 2007

SUBJECT: FWD: I AM LIVING IN LOUISIANA

Dear Disaster Response Leaders,

I wanted to share this very touching thank-you that was received from a Katrina survivor in Louisiana. I hope you will be as moved as I was by his heartfelt expression of gratitude and glowing commendation of our volunteers. It's so gratifying and humbling to receive a note like this, I wanted to share it with you.

May our Resurrected Lord bless you this Easter,

Jane


I am living in Louisiana. We were severely impacted by Katrina and are receiving amazing help from a group of Brethren from all over the country. I am touched by their service, concern and compassion. After feeling helpless for such a long time, and seeing these people come from out of nowhere to do the impossible to rebuild the homes and lives of my family, I am simply left speechless by what has happened. I am a Southern Baptist and have been a follower of Christ for five years. Nowhere have I seen such compassion and sacrifice. The brethren that I have met truly are amazing representatives of Christ and stand as the salt of the earth. I love the COB's message of service, compassion and fellowship. I love the message of living a simple, humble and happy life. I can't see things any other way. I regret that there are no COB churches where I live. All I can say is thanks for the help that we are receiving from your church. This has answered years of daily prayers and lifted a terrible burden from my shoulders.

Thank You.

Adam A.
Slidell, LA

submitted by Tim Trier, District Disaster Response Team Co-coordinator