Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Young Adult Conference to address ‘Loving Neighbor’

By Becky Ullom Naugle

“‘Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?’ He said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself’” (Matthew 22:36-39).

As disciples of Jesus, we have been working out what those words mean. How do I love God with all of my heart, soul, and mind? Who is my neighbor and how do I love them as I love myself--not just in theory, but in practice? Am I ready to receive, as well as give, in relationship with “my neighbors”? Join other young adults (ages 18-35) in this conversation.

Read the full story at www.brethren.org/news/2017/young-adult-conference-loving-neighbors.html