Wednesday, July 01, 2020

The Moderator's Column

Greetings to my brothers and sisters in the Illinois/Wisconsin District!

As I sit at my desk here in the Dutchtown church office, I find myself anticipating the Independence Day weekend. In the last few months the United States - and the rest of the world - was overcome by the COVID-19 pandemic. Although we may not have made all of right decisions, we as a country are enduring.

Racial tension also grew in intensity in recent weeks and we’ve clumsily sought to bring equality among all people. We as a nation will be made stronger as we seek to correct the injustices in our land.

We have a long ride ahead of us as Christ’s Church, a ride that will continue to its “bumps along the way”. Yet, Christ will prevail by working through His Church.

I don’t know about you, but I need to “Ohh & Ahh” over some fireworks exploding over my head! I need to cast out a line at my local fishin’ hole! I need a good BBQ and deck time this Independence Day weekend. The world’s problems disappear, but with this brief weekend reprieve, might we get refreshed by Christ, preparing you and I for the work ahead of us.

May God Bless you all richly,
Moderator Rick