Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Thanksgiving Greetings

This is the time of year when the word “thanks” or “thank you” are often spoken. Now it is my turn and great pleasure to offer a thank you to all of those warriors of the Lord who helped make our District Conference such a success. My term as Moderator has been completed and certainly not by my efforts alone has it been a great success. The Rockford congregation really stepped up to the task of host. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Those who provided leadership in music and skit provision really excelled! The total worship spoke to the theme of “unity” that I was hoping for.

I know the District is in good hands as Allegra steps in to fill the Moderator position. I suggest that we all lift her up in prayer as her year in leadership begins. She and I have had conversations and will keep in contact as the year moves forward. God does not call the equipped; he equips the called. God bless Allegra.

My year as moderator was a huge learning experience. Conference, of course, is the final event for the Moderator but the year is one of learning and making new friends. The committees that work within the District complete many task in the background that many do not see. It is interesting to attend and find the work that is accomplished. The year begins with replacement individuals learning the position of their committee and the tasks for the year. New officers are chosen and the work begins. With the advancement of electronic meetings, the travel needed has become less. Somehow each committee concludes their work with items to be presented at District Conference. This is not to say that some items are ongoing as study and discernment is taking place.

A special thank you must be given to Kevin Kessler and Dana McNeil as they were always my go to people when the going got tough. I could never have been successful without the excellent help of Beth Kelly. I don’t know if she realizes just how much she is appreciated. Thank you Beth. God Bless you in your future endeavors.

Most of all I thank God for His leading in my life. I call on his name often during my service.

Peace to you all. Keep living in unity.
In Christ always,
Pastor Ellis